Staff Writer | MITechNews.Com
TROY – Join Automation Alley for Global Outlook in Aerospace and Defense, a conference on the shifting landscape in global aerospace and defense spending trends, April 23, from 8 a.m. to noon at Automation Alley Headquarters.
The conference, in partnership with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, Macomb County and the Michigan District Export Council, aims to educate business leaders on the new opportunities in the global aerospace and defense arenas and will feature industry experts sharing firsthand insights into future spending trends in technologies related to cybersecurity, unmanned vehicles, intelligent systems and commercial aerospace, among others.
Despite the U.S. scaling back its defense budget, total global defense spending this year will reach $1.547 trillion, according to Jane’s Defense Weekly.
“Picking up the slack is the surging demand overseas especially in Asia – including the Middle East – and North Africa,” said Noel Nevshehir, Automation Alley director of International Business Services. “Today, four Asian countries – including Japan, India and South Korea –are among the top-10 defense spenders worldwide. Speakers at this event will provide case studies on how to best position your company to take advantage of these growth opportunities overseas while ensuring compliance with ITAR rules and regulations.”
• Noel Nevshehir, Director of International Business Services, Automation Alley
• Sean Carlson, Executive Director, Michigan Defense Center
• Melanie Taylor, Practice Manager for Global Aerospace & Defense, McKinsey & Company
• COL (R) Donald P. Kotchman, Vice President of Armor Brigade Combat Team, Ground Combat Systems, General Dynamics Land Systems
• Greg Cameron, Vice President of Sales, RedViking
• Terry Davis, Deputy Director, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Export Control Reform (ECR), U.S. Department of State
Participants will also learn about Automation Alley’s trade mission in July to the Farnborough International Airshow in the UK, the world’s largest aerospace and defense exhibition attracting more than 100,000 attendees and 1,500 exhibitors from 50 countries around the world.
The cost to attend “Global Outlook in Aerospace and Defense” is $20 for members with pre-registration or $30 at the door. The cost for non-members is $40 with pre-registration or $50 at the door. Pre-registration closes April 21 at close of business.
For more information, or to register, Click on AutomationAlley.Com